Purchase a Silencer
- What is needed
- Fingerprints (Done in store using SID Kiosk)
- Passport photo (Done in store using Silencershop App)
- Completed form 4 (this is handled by Silencershop)
- $200 tax stamp (purchased on www.silencershop.com)
- Here are the steps:
- Create an account on Silencershop.com and enter registration information. Once you’ve created an account they will email you a code to use on our SID Kiosk. Next, we will take your picture using the Silencershop app. This information will automatically get updated on your Silencershop account.
- Purchase the suppressor that best fits your needs. This can be done here in our store or on www.silencershop.com (there are no additional fees when purchased on silencershop.com when you select Carolina Gunrunners as your preferred dealer)
- You will need to purchase a tax stamp using your Silencershop account. Once you have purchased a silencer and tax stamp, Silencershop will email you a copy of the completed Form4 for you to electronically sign via DocuSign. Silencershop will email you again a few weeks later once the ATF has cashed the check. From the time the ATF cashes the check, you will wait approximately 7-12 months for the tax stamp to come in. This time frame will vary depending on whether you file as an individual or using a trust. Once we receive the tax stamp in the mail you will come to the store, fill out a 4473 form, and take your item home.
If you have any questions at all, give us a call or stop by the store!